Books & Articles By Ian Wood
Photos and articles published in a wide variety of books, magazines, newspapers and calendars around the world including BBC Wildlife, The Sunday Telegraph, Nat Geo Travel and The Guardian. Please see links at bottom of this page for a few examples of my work.
Our new orangutan book is out now. The Orangutan’s World is a photographic celebration of Borneo wildlife alongside inspiring quotes from many people including Sir David Attenborough, Joanna Lumley and Jane Goodall. And best of all, every penny from sales goes directly to a forest regeneration project in Borneo where tens of thousands of trees are being planted. NEW The last print run sold out but the next edition is now available. Please order directly from the Orangutan Foundation’s online shop here. Below there’s a few pages to flick through – please note that if your internet connection is slow this might take a few seconds to load.
Swimming with dolphins, Tracking gorillas is a coffee table style paperback showing where and how to see the world’s iconic wildlife in the most ethical ways possible. From swimming with wild pods of dolphins to tracking mountain gorillas; from seeing lions on a walking safari to sharing the ocean with humpback whales. Available in all good book shops and from Amazon here.
“We need books like this, which encourage us to be adventurous in our travels while treading lightly along the way.” Jonathan and Angie Scott of the BBC’s Big Cat Diaries.
There’s a few sample pages to flick through below.
To view a selection of published work click on any link below
- The Hyena man of Harar – Nat Geo Traveller
- The Orangutan’s World – BBC Wildlife
- The Guardian – An orangutan stole my camera
- The Sun – Orangutan Selfie photos
- Sumatran Rhino – Wild Travel
- The Guardian – Borneo Orangutans
- A Whale of a time – Azores – Sussex Life
- Swimming with dolphins: Wildtravel magazine
- Wildlife highlights of the world -Sunday Telegraph
- The market for Sharks
- Jungle VIP’s (non orangutan Borneo primates)
- Can carbon trading save rainforests ?
- Urgent action needed to save Sumatran Peat Forests: Telegraph
- The market for illegal drugs Market magazine
- Birding In A Forest Sanctuary : Bird’s Illustrated Magazine
- Round Table on Palm Oil is a Farce : Telegraph
- Coral Reef Re-planting success for island affected by tsunami : Telegraph
- Sumatran Orangutan in serious decline Telegraph
- Palm Oil Agreement could lead to logging moratorium : Telegraph
- Palm Oil Boycott will not protect rainforests
- Global project maps whale shark numbers
- New Zealand under pressure over rare dolphins
- Orangutan project offers hope in Borneo
- Rats being used to sniff out land mines